Albert CamusPedagogical ConsultantHigh Schools and the 'Philospophy in Schools' Measureacamus@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 1999
John SocratesPedagogical ConsultantElementary Schoolsjsocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 2000
Sally SocratesPedagogical ConsultantElementary Schoolsssocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 1988
Zef SocratesPedagogical ConsultantHigh Schools and the 'Philospophy in Schools' Measurezsocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 6666
Philosophy is all about searching for truth and wisdom and at PSD, we feel this is a perfect vehicle for developing critical thinking and enabling our SWLSB students to think increasingly logically.
How we can help
In addition to the general offer of service, we can offer various supports to this subject including helping you:
- organize Socratic seminars
- integrate logic and paradoxes throughout the curriculum
- create evaluations of philosophical thinking skills
- understand the Philosophy Progressions of Learning and use this understanding to help you map out your teaching
- with any PDIG or other projects in your school
- set up a lunchtime Phrontisterion
- wrestle with the notion of life’s futility and a random purposeless universe
All parents wish to receive homeschooling services from the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board for the 2019-2020 school year must submit the following documents to the School Board on or before July 1, 2019:
- Homeschooling Notice (generated from the MEES secure site)
- Notice of reception of the Homeschooling Notice provided by the Ministère de l'Éducation et Enseignment supérieur
- The documents may be dropped off in person at the School Board's Administrative Centre to the attention of the Homeschooling Department
- The documents may be emailed to the Homeschooling Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the documentation below for information regarding:
- The School Board’s guidelines for homeschooling;
- Forms to request services;
Should you have any questions regarding homeschooling services offered by the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board, please contact us at email@example.com.