Albert CamusPedagogical ConsultantHigh Schools and the 'Philospophy in Schools' Measureacamus@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 1999
John SocratesPedagogical ConsultantElementary Schoolsjsocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 2000
Sally SocratesPedagogical ConsultantElementary Schoolsssocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 1988
Zef SocratesPedagogical ConsultantHigh Schools and the 'Philospophy in Schools' Measurezsocrates@swlauriersb.qc.ca ext. 6666
Philosophy is all about searching for truth and wisdom and at PSD, we feel this is a perfect vehicle for developing critical thinking and enabling our SWLSB students to think increasingly logically.
How we can help
In addition to the general offer of service, we can offer various supports to this subject including helping you:
- organize Socratic seminars
- integrate logic and paradoxes throughout the curriculum
- create evaluations of philosophical thinking skills
- understand the Philosophy Progressions of Learning and use this understanding to help you map out your teaching
- with any PDIG or other projects in your school
- set up a lunchtime Phrontisterion
- wrestle with the notion of life’s futility and a random purposeless universe
The Learning Toolkit & ePEARL
The Learning Toolkit currently consists of two comprehensive and well-developed evidenced-based tools:
ABRACADABRA and ePEARL developed by the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance at Concordia University.
If you require a username and password - please contactTim Foreman.
ABRACADABRA LITE (Not connected to student lists)