I never teach my pupils, I only provide the conditions in which they can learn.

-Albert Einstein


  1. July 14th update: don't forget to send a copy of your annual notice of intent to homeschool to (it's a downloadable PDF from your DEM portal! See the FAQ below for more info!)

  2. Check out our video to learn more about the role of the school board and the role of the DEM!

How we can help

In addition to the general offer of service, we:

  • Support homeschooling families in the acquisition of resources and educational services;

  • Provide families with up-to-date information regarding the Homeschooling Legal Framework;

  • Help families ensure their children meet all requirements for their high school leaving diploma;

  • Operate a Homeschooling Resource Centre;

  • Access to our partner schools for the following services:

    • Classroom

    • Science lab

    • Library

    • Gymnasium

    • Visual Arts room

    • Laptop cart

    • Drama room

Registration FAQ (drop-down)

  1. Who should parents notify of their intent to homeschool their child?

  • Parents must send a written notice to the Minister and the relevant school board.

  • To find their school board that has jurisdiction, parents can consult the list of school boards on the Ministère’s website. Parents can also use the online tool to search by postal code.

  1. Is there a form parents can use for notification purposes?

Parents can use the Homeschooling Form to send notice of their decision to homeschool their children.

  1. Who will follow up on the parents’ notice? Who will oversee the monitoring and what will it consist of?

A representative of the Minister will acknowledge receipt of the notice in writing within 15 days of receipt. The Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur is responsible for monitoring homeschooling. Its representatives will contact the parents to determine the monitoring procedure.

  1. Do parents have to notify the school board of their decision to homeschool their child?

Yes. Parents must notify their school board by July 1 if they decide to homeschool their child at the start of the school year, or within 10 days if the child stops attending an educational institution during the school year. Parents must send a copy of the notification to their school board whether or not they intend to request support from the school board.

Registration Document Submission:

  1. The documents may be emailed to;

  2. The documents may be dropped off in person at the School Board's Administrative Centre to the attention of the Homeschooling Department;

  3. The documents can be mailed to the attention of the Homeschooling Department at:

2105 rue Guy, P4,
Deux-Montagnes, QC
J7R 1W6

Textbook notice

Textbook loans can only be made when the department has received:

Please contact for further inquiries regarding textbooks.

Useful documents and links

Please refer to the documentation below for information regarding:

- The School Board’s guidelines for homeschooling;

- Forms to request services.

Guidelines for the Provision of Services to Homeschooling Students

Forms to Request Support Services

Your team

Kimberly Harrison

Coordinator of Community Services, ext. 1207

Louise Côté

Pedagogical ext. 1272

Valérie Néron

Pedagogical ext. 1204

Monika Szpak

Pedagogical ext. 1434

Stephanie Sacco

Pedagogical ext. 1212

Svetlana Vanegas

Pedagogical ext. 1211

Jennifer Vaillancourt

Executive ext. 1202

Amie Binsley

Office ext. 1415

Still have questions?

Should you have any questions regarding homeschooling services offered by the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board, please contact us at:

(450) 621-5600 ext. 1202